Here’s the next portion of my crafty cacti crafts!!! As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been crazy for cacti!! So during this winter/spring transitional season, staying inside during this cold chilly spring season, I have no choice, but to keep the children busy with crafts! Here’s a Pinterest inspired Cacti craft from CullenABCs.
What You’ll Need:
- Acrylic Paint (Green, Black, White, Orange, and Yellow)
- Fine Tip Paint Brush
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Plastic Fork
- White Printer Paper/ or Construction Paper
Below are a few crafty cactus crafts I think are so so adorable for words, I had to share!! Take a look at these awesome bloggers and their cactus crafts!
Pinterest Cactus Pinspiration:
By: Lia Griffith
By: Kristyn, from Lil’ Luna
If you haven’t checked out my last cacti craft, you can click the picture above of the Cactus Cut Out pic, there you’ll see my previous post, along with the other PINteresting cacti PINspiration!
- Using a green acrylic paint, apply a coat onto your child’s hand using the sponge brush.
- Have your child stamp his/her handprint to your sheet of paper.
- Have handprint set to dry for a couple of minutes.
- Once dried, take lighter color green and brush strokes using your plastic fork.
This will create the sharp pines of the cactus.
- Next, taking your toothpicks, paint on random dots of white or black onto your cacti.
This creates more of the sharp, pine effect of the cacti. I made two different versions with both of my sons.
- Using your fine paint brush and yellow/orange paint, paint on small florals on your cactus. This can also be optional, as I know some boys may not like flowers on their cactus.
And from there….Set to dry, and viola! Enjoy your cactus handprint, made by you and kids!
Happy cacti crafting everyone!!
Thanks for stopping by!!