How adorable are summer floral crowns? During the summer days at outdoor markets, music festivals, to summer bbqs, there’s always an occasion to wear these dreamy bohemian crowns. Here’s a tutorial I’d love to share, as I made a bohemian flower crown, for the perfect for a summer city wedding. Nothing to fancy, just love, city hall, and a touch of boho.
All the following items can be found at your local craft store. They can also be found at WalMart in the craft department, and also at the DollarTree!! Yes! The DollarTree/Dollar General/99 Cent Store!
What You’ll Need:
- Floral Tape
- Wire Pliers
- Twine/Decorative Neutral Ribbon
- Faux Florals
- Hot Glue
- Starting with preparing your flowers, start by cutting the flowers down off their stems using your wire pliers. Leave enough length to work with, as we need them to bend around the head.
- Flowers should be cut by the neck, and long greenery stems should have a longer length. Repurpose the green leaves from rose’s as well! They are great fillers towards the end of the project!
- Arrange all cut pieces to in groups.
This helps create an easy work method, for easy efficiently, and careful creative selection. I’d place all my florals together, separating the roses large pinks and small white in separate piles.
- Once separated, start designing your floral crown. Carefully select different sizes, and place them together.
- Place large greenery stems towards the back, which would be against the head, and the small dainty florals, towards the outside.**Having the florals facing outward will look more visually compelling, along with having a strong dynamic look, so while creating your floral crown, also we aware of the weight distribution. Try to avoid compiling heavier rose buds to one side. Regardless, the floral crown will look amazing no matter what!!
- Cut, snip, trim as you go. Once you find the grouping you like, start wrapping the floral tape around the access stems. Gather as you go, similar to a french braid.
- Continue wrapping the floral tape along with each access stem until you reached the start point.
- Tighten, and reenforce for floral tape if needed.
- Try on your floral crown, and fix the weight. However it feels, is how it’ll fit for you, or whoever will be wearing it. If it’s comfortable on your head, it’ll definietly be comfortable on another.
And voila!!! You’re ready to wear your floral crown!! The perfect easy accessory for a music festival, wedding, bridal shower, or photoshoot!!! Secure the floral crown if needed with bobby-pins. Otherwise enjoy your new bohemian style floral crown forever!!