This rainy transition of winter turning to spring, has me with a green cactus crafty thumb. Rainy days usually have the family and I stuck in house, only willing to go out, for groceries, or a quick coffee-run. Otherwise, you’ll find us inside, cozy, and crafting.
Here are a few cactus crafts I absolutely LOVE!!!
Pinterest Cactus Pinspiration:
Above are a few crafty cactus crafts I think are so so adorable for words, I had to share!! Take a look at these awesome bloggers and their cactus crafts!
By: Lia Griffith
By: Kristyn, from Lil’ Luna
I totally love all four of the above crafts, but below I’ll share one of the 2 I had chosen to do with my children this wintery February. Below, is my rendition of the APreschoolPlaybook’s ‘A Blooming Cactus craft. Let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- Green Colored Construction Paper (White, or any background color construction paper for your cactus scene.)
- Green/Yellow/Orange Acrylic Paint
- Paint Sponge Brush
- Glue Stick
- Plastic Fork
Directions for you Cactus Desert Scene:
- With your pencil and green colored construction paper, free hand different sized cactus plants.
- Cut out your cactus’
- Glue onto your background colored choice of paper.
- Taking another shade of glue (light colored preferred) have your child use the plastic fork as the brush, and paint strokes on each cactus.
Super easy right? And super cute!!! Stay tuned, as I’ll post the next cacti craft on a separate post! These crafts are perfect to do during a rainy day, or even during the summer, when the weather is hot, and the cacti are blooming.
Happy cacti crafting!!!