Christmas time usually means two to three things to me. Christmas shopping (gifts), decorating, and crafts! As the kids are approaching winter break, this gives me the opportunity to do some Pinterest inspired crafts throughout the 2 week long vacation. One craft I finally got around to was the
by Victoria from ABC Creative Learning.
I’ve also mentioned her and other fun festive crafts from other bloggers on my Cheap DIY Christmas Crafts posts. You can see more of those related Christmas posts at the end of this post.
With a few new material’s — these material’s still won’t break your budget for holiday shopping!! From popsicle sticks, gift tissue, and also pipe cleaners. All these items can be found at the DollarTree!!!
Estimated Cost: Under $10
Time To Complete: Under an hour
Primary Technique: Paper Crafts +Using Pipe Cleaners & Popsicle Sticks
Kids love doing a variety of arts and crafts as an outlet to be creative and have some fun! Little do they know that it is so good for their development as well!
What You’ll Need:
-Printer Paper (White)
-Colored Gift Tissue
-Black Foam Craft Paper
- Pre-Cut different sized circles on white printer paper.
I used a couple different sized cups, traced and cut them out.
- (Optional) Pre-Cut out small cubes using the black foam craft paper. This will be the top of the ornament.
- Cut out 2-3inch cubes from the colored tissue paper. (I purchased mine from the DollarTree)
I found it easier to separate the color tissue paper in small bowls, for easy selection for the kids.
- Take you sponge brush, and liquid glue and start applying onto the cut out white circles.
- Apply glue both on top and below the tissue paper.
- ***Be sure to layer each tissue paper above each piece to create a nice, mosaic looking ornament.***
- Set to dry.
- After ornaments are dry, take your scissors, and cut out the access tissue paper that overflows out of the white circle ornament.
- If you didn’t pre-cut out the small black foam cubes for the ornament toppers, this would be the time to do so.
- Randomly, cut out small cubes, just about the size of an adult thumbnail.
- Glue black foam cube to top of ornament.
- Set to dry.
Additional Step: (which I forgot to do)
Take pipe cleaners and create a small tear-drop hook, and tape behind the ornament.
I ended up taping the ornament around my kitchen, for some festive flare.
And viola! These are some easy handmade tissue paper ornaments to spread some holiday cheer around the house!
Have you done some Pinterest inspired crafts during holiday break? Comment below!