Before you put away all you Thanksgiving harvest decor, perhaps squeezing in one final craft, and what also might be a new family Thanksgiving tradition! What was first to be just a regular canvas table runner, ended up transforming into a easy DIY craft to the end the Thanksgiving holiday season! Check out my oh-so last minute Thanksgiving DIY Table Runner!
What You’ll Need:
Acrylic Paint | Thanksgiving/Autumn Colors
(Yellows, Mustard, Spicy Orange and Red)
Sponge Paint Brunch
Canvas Colored Table Runner
-I purchased mine from Target for $3 (DollarSpot)
…..And don’t for get your kiddos!!
- Have your little craft assistant’s know exactly where they will place their handprint before the paint. In the photo below, I have the boys arrange their hands with one above the other. (Youngest then oldest, above.)
- Have each child pick their Thanksgiving colored paint, and paint one (palm up) on each hand.
- Using your sponge paint brush, paint the palm with the paint.
- “Stamp,” the palm of each child one at a time, on the desired spot, which they practiced in step one.
I noticed, as we placed our first palm print, the canvas did retain much of the paint, so a second application of paint was needed.
- Apply, another application of paint on the palm, if canvas did not pick up all the color.
- Set to dry.
After each child as painted their handprint, and as been sitting dry, grab your sharpie.
I used red and black thin tipped sharpies.
- Using your sharpie, simply write your child’s name on the canvas beneath his/her handprint.
You can add in his/her age id you’d like to.
OR even the date/year.
This was such an easy craft to do. But it appears as my older son is aging, this craft will no longer be enjoyable for him come next year.
(INSERT ugly cry face. My kids are growing so fast!)
Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone!
Happy HOLIDAY crafting!!
Let the Christmas decorating and shopping begin!!