Oh my lanta, its hot!! This week its expected to be in the high 80s-90s in my area by 10am!! With the heat wave slowly coming, it puts me in the position to do all my outside activities with my son as early as possible so my preschooler and I won’t be so hot and bothered!! Here’s a fun pin I found on Pinterest of a number recognition game to enjoy with your young tot identifying numbers in the summer blazing heat!!
Put Out The Fire!
Put out the fire is a number recognizing game for young preschoolers. My son is currently working on recognizing numbers 1 through 20, but you can use this for any numbers, letters, sight works, or whatever your child is learning about.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Construction Paper (Red, Yellow, White, Orange)
– Black Marker or Sharpie
Put Out The Fire! Number Recognition Game
1) Taking your scissors and construction paper, free-cut the flames of your fire.
I took about 4 sheets of construction paper and layered them together to accomplish multiple flames within 1 cut. I did this with all the colors, with different widths, shapes and sizes.
2) Glue the flames together mixing 2 different colors and glue.
3) Once all the flames are glued together, write out the numbers you and your child are currently focusing on with a marker. (I did 1-15)
Be sure to make the numbers big & bold, easy to recognize!
4) From here, take your number fire flames, with tape and take the craft outside!
5) On any flat surface (ie: Fence, gate,side of the house, garage door) tape the fire flames on the surface.
During this time, have your preschooler help you stick the flames up. Call our the numbers while placing them. Also, be sure to randomly scatter the numbers.
At this point, you’re pretty much all fired up!! Fill up your child’s water gun and begin identifying the numbers!
Call them out.
Have your child squirt out water “putting out the fire.”
As your child gets more familiar with the numbers, add more numbers!! And when he/she is old enough start having the adding two numbers to make sums of ten! (..And continue on!)
What are some fun number identification games you know of? Share below!