Every morning I’ve programmed myself to run the lake near my house. I live literally 5minutes away from the fantastic central park right in the heart of Fremont. Like I’ve mentioned before, I live right at the edge of the Silicon Valley, a suburb residential area, within commuting distance to major cities here in the Bay Area, both San Jose & San Francisco -which I love, love love!!! So being right in the center of many cities makes living in Fremont so great!
Each morning, after dropping my older son to school, I head straight towards central park. Lake Elizabeth, located in Fremont, California, is a man made 83-acre lake. When at average capacity, water rises to a depth of about seven feet, and is exactly 2 miles all around. With many fields, and play structures around the park, with neighboring city buildings like the police department, animal shelter, and also main library. I seriously fall in love with Fremont every morning as I run the lake.
Tristan is his jogging stroller, enjoying the lake view.
My jogging stroller is probably seeing its finest days right now. I purchased it, just about 3 years ago on Craigslist from a couple who was relocating their family to Brazil. They sold me to be brand new for only $75 (Original: $185) . After using it a couple times on trails, while Tristan was only a year old, I gave up my healthly lifestyle by getting lazy. (Boo.) Now, older, wiser, and with a 4 year old 33lb pre-schooler, I am making up for the lost time!! Pushing the jogging stroller with Tristan is do difficult to do! No lies! I love the wonderful capability of having it hold my stuff, and all the features including:
- Essential jogging features: front fixed wheel, air filled tires, safety tether, reflectors, super grip and adjustable handle
- iBaby sound system plays music for both parent and baby
- Features include: speed and distance odometer, hand brake, large storage basket, parent tray with 2 cup holders and compartment music player or other essential items
- Multi-position reclining seat with 5-point safety harness accommodates child to 45 lbs
- Stroller stands upright when folded and you can roll the stroller folded
I cannot express how happy I’ve been lately with my new lifestyle. Everything in my life all has a balance, from the kids school schedule, to me in the kitchen, and eating right, all thanks to running into my trainer at our local Safeway. Bye bye sugary boba drinks and milk teas! I don’t need you!!!
Happy Training! Getting fit, and being happy while doing it!!