Save money by creating your own personal fitness gym at home! Invest on some space-saver fitness equipment, and enjoy doing work-outs at home while catching up on your favorite TV Shows! (Mine, HGTV’s Fixer Upper & ABC’s Modern Family)
Here’s what you need to get fit: 1) 30 minutes and 2) you.
This workout is basically my warm-up to get the blood flowing, to torch calories and tone muscles in whatever time you have (15 Minutes max!) The key is going all-out. Perform the first exercise at your max intensity for 50 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, and then move to the next exercise (again, as hard and fast as you can). Later on, push yourself to reach the max of 2 minutes. 2 minutes of effort! Then move to the next!
Being pretty frugal, I don’t expect everyone to buy every fitness equipment out there. The fitness equipment I have, is a collection of items I’ve gathered over the course of a few years. My weights are actually my moms, back in the 90s! Many of the below exercises could be done without the equipment as well. If you would like to purchase some fitness equipment, I’d suggest checking out TJMaxx/Marshalls and Ross, before going to the expensive sports store!
2 Minutes Each:
Side Plank With Hip Abduction (Each Leg)
- With your body leaning towards the couch, and one had as support, side plank, raising one leg – up for a 2 second hold. Repeat for the 2 mins, then switch legs.
Leg Lifts With Ankle Weights (Each Leg)
- Position on your side, with one leg tucked in. Raising one leg – up for a 2 second hold. Repeat for the 2 mins, then switch legs.
Yoga Ball Extensions (12 o’clock/ 2 o’clock/ and 3 o/clock)
- Holding a light dumbbell in each hand (5lbs, is what I use), lie face-down on the yoga ball with your stomach and pelvis on the ball, your toes on the floor, and your heels against a wall. Keep your palms facing in. With your legs straight and your core tight, raise your arms forward until they’re in line with your torso. Lower the weights slowly and repeat for 15 reps.
One Leg Squat With Resistance Band
- Using a door attachment for your resistance band, position a chair a few feet away from the door to get a good distance for your resistance band to support you. Note: The further you are from the door, the more support you’ll get from the resistance band. Sit partiva
Jumping Jacks (Star jumps – is what the Aussie’s call them!)
- Classic jumping jacks for 2 minutes! Remember to expand those arms!
After completing all five exercises, I’ll guarantee you’ll be sweating. If you have more time, rest for a minute and then continue a few more times. Repeat the sequence. (You’re trying to complete reps of 100!!) Yes! 100!!
Are there any staple work-out routines you follow? Comment below! If you’ve blogged about it, send me the direct link!
Happy Fitness Friday everyone!!